Taking online payments significantly reduces the time it takes for you to get paid. For years, your customers have been able to pay Xero invoices promptly online. Xero are now making it even easier for you to engage with your customers – swiftly, securely and seamlessly with the addition of Stripe.
With the Stripe and Xero integration, your customers can pay your invoices using their preferred credit or debit card, helping you get paid faster.
Hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world now Stripe to process billions of pounds in transactions each year.
Add Stripe to Xero
Connect your Stripe account to Xero with just a few clicks. If you don’t have a Stripe account, you can create one from within Xero.
Get started with Stripe
It’s quick and easy to start accepting payments through Stripe. If you don’t already have one, you can set up a Stripe account from within Xero. It only takes a few minutes to create one, and then the payments magic will begin.
When you add Stripe as a payment service in Xero, you can:
- Accept credit and debit cards with the Visa or Mastercard logo. Your customer doesn’t need to have a Stripe account.
- Accept payments from anywhere in the world.
- Receive payments in the currency associated with your bank account.
- Accept Apple Pay if you have a Stripe account in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, UK, or US.
- Set up Xero to manage your Stripe fees automatically. When your customer pays an invoice, Xero creates a spend money transaction for the fee Stripe charges.
- Set up Xero to pass Stripe fees on to your customer. Xero will include fees in the payment total when your customer clicks the Pay now button.
Sending your invoices
A Pay Now button will be enabled on your next online invoice, allowing your customers to easily pay with their credit or debit card.
Stripe charges a conversion fee when your customer pays in another currency. Stripe allows users in some countries to connect multiple bank accounts and make transfers in multiple currencies. To avoid the conversion fee, connect a bank account for each currency.
You choose who carries the Stripe processing fee and how often payments will be deposited into your bank account.
In sync with Xero
Manage your Stripe fees automatically. When your customer pays an invoice, Xero creates a spend money transaction for the Stripe fee – making it even easier for you.
How long does it take for the money to get to your account?
After you’ve received your first order, your first payout on Stripe will initiate and post to your account within 7 days. Payout schedules depend on the country you’re based in. You can see a full list here.